Regeneron Molecular Biology Job Opening – Scientist Post
VelocImmune (VI) Next is an innovative technology development group that creates and uses complex mouse models and functional assays to study antibody, oligonucleotide, and cell-based therapies across various therapeutic areas in R&D. We are seeking a motivated scientist who has a strong background in Molecular Biology to work in a highly collaborative research environment to build and improve mouse models and other platforms in support of both basic biology and target discovery efforts. In particular to drive innovative technology development in the areas such as antibody engineering, DNA repair, genomic modification, and CRISPR screens.
Job Title: Scientist, Molecular Biology
Location Tarrytown, NY, United States
Category Research and Development
Job Id 24566BR
- You are highly organized, flexible, and able to coordinate multiple projects independently
- You have strong communication skills, including both written and oral communications
- You have excellent presentation and communication skills
- You are an innovative and inspiring leader who can actively participate in meetings with leadership and can collaborate effectively with external research groups
- To be considered for this opportunity you must possess a Ph.D. in molecular biology, genetics or related fields with three-plus years of postdoctoral and/or industry experience. A strong record of innovation and research accomplishments in genomic engineering, DNA repair, molecular immunology, or related field. Extensive knowledge and experience with handling large genomic DNA fragments, or with large-scale CRISPR screening, is required. Experience with animal model construction is preferred.
- Experience with ex vivo engineering and analysis of primary cells is preferred.
- Experience with NGS methods and analysis and other high throughput methods preferred.
As Scientist, VI Next, a typical day might include:
- Driving the design and execution of genomic editings such as large fragments knock-in and knock-out in bacterial cells, mammalian cell lines, and primary cells.
- Driving the design and execution of cell-based CRISPR screening assays to identify novel targets for cell-based therapies as well as other therapies.
- Leading the creation and optimization of novel technologies to efficiently capture and clone large genomic fragments.
- Contributing to novel drug (format) development by designing, phenotyping, validating, and troubleshooting new in vitro and in vivo (mouse) models.
- Analyzing large complex data sets independently or in collaboration with in house bioinformaticians; interpret and summarize key findings
- Managing a team of scientists to create team synergy and to drive research programs.
- Demonstrating excellent presentation and communication skills both internally and externally and productively participate in innovative discussions with senior leadership in our collaborative, cross-functional team environment
Regeneron Molecular Biology Job