Roche 2023 Summer Intern – Biochemical and Cellular Pharmacology
The mission of the Biochemical and Cellular Pharmacology (BCP) group is to develop relevant quantitative biochemical and cellular assays and experiments to support both biological and small molecule drug discovery efforts at Genentech.
Working as integrated members of multi-disciplinary project teams, we will apply scholarly, rigorous methodology to define and characterize optimal leads and to define in vitro biological strategies that will enhance Genentech’s Discovery pipeline of therapeutic antibodies and small molecule clinical candidates.
Who You Are
- Current PhD student who is interested in drug discovery
- Exceptional undergraduate students will also be considered
Preferred majors: Cell biology, Biochemistry, Biophysics.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Complements our culture and the standards that guide our daily behavior & decisions: Integrity, Courage, and Passion.
- Experience with construct design, fluorescence imaging, or unnatural amino acid incorporation is a plus.
- Along with the submission of your CV, a cover letter is optional.
This internship position is located in South San Francisco, CA (On Site).
The candidate will help expand the fluorescence capabilities of our chemical biology platform. He or she should have familiarity with basic cell culture and molecular biology techniques. Prior experience with construct design, fluorescence imaging, or unnatural amino acid incorporation is a plus.
- Intensive 12-weeks, full time (40 hours per week) paid internship.
- Program start dates are in May and June 2023.
- Ownership of challenging and impactful business-critical projects.
- Work with some of the most talented people in the biotechnology industry.
- Final presentations of project work to senior leaders.
- Lead or participate in intern committees to design and coordinate program events and initiatives.
- Professional & personal development curriculum throughout the program, including networking opportunities, workshops, and panel discussions.
- Participate in volunteer projects, social events, and team-building activities.
Roche 2023 Summer Intern