Roche Microbiology Research Associate Job Vacancy – Apply Online
The RA II, Microbiology role requires the execution of a range of microbial and molecular biology procedures. This role leverages background and skills in microbiology to develop, perform, evaluate, and monitor microbiology functions as part of a support role within Assay Development. Will work closely with assay development teams to generate material used for product characterization, verification, and validation.
Job Title: Research Associate II
Location Carlsbad, California, United States of America
Category Research & Development
Job Id 202202-108776
- B.S. or M.S. in Microbiology or related field.
- 2+ years of relevant laboratory/biotechnology experience.
- Good understanding and hands-on experience in biological sample handling, nucleic acid purification, amplification and detection techniques
- Demonstrates competence in the understanding new techniques and procedures, products, or technologies
- Knowledge of experimental design, data analysis, and the evaluation of new techniques and procedures for products, systems or technologies is required
- Ability to use broad knowledge of microbiological testing and analysis methodologies to complete complex assignments
- Demonstrated understanding of reproducible defined growth requirements for a variety of organisms
- Proven experience in the development of methods of microbial characterization and detection using modern molecular biology techniques as well as advanced biochemical analyses of microorganisms
- Possess analytical skills required to complete analysis procedures and determine the concentration and purity of various microorganisms
Your key responsibilities
- Conducts scientific experiments and troubleshooting activities with minimal guidance from manager or senior team membe\
- Conducts data analysis, interprets and conveys results clearly and effectively via email, presentations or reports.
- Submits work orders and ensures clear communication with the cross-functional team to drive troubleshooting and manufacturing process improvement projects
- Can work with human specimens and BSL-2 level infectious organism
- Differentiate various bacterial organisms from one another using standard biochemical and microscopic techniques
- Perform growth and analysis of bacterial samples in accordance with predefined methods and/or protocols
- Collaborate with customer technical support as needed
- Good documentation practices
Roche Microbiology Research Associate