Schreiber Foods Intern (Research & Development) Recruitment
Schreiber Foods Intern (Research & Development) Recruitment. Schreiber Foods strives to do good through food every day. Based in North America, we’re a customer-brand leader in cream cheese, natural cheese, process cheese, shelf-stable beverages and yogurt. Our more than 8,000 employees and presence on five continents enable us to be an essential ingredient in our customers’ success.
Intern (Research & Development)
Location: Green Bay, WI
Job Category: Intern
Job Family: Student Intern
- In this year round internship, you will provide technical support to Research Scientists and to customers by preparing requested customer samples, assisting in running pilot and plant trials and conducting a variety of technical support activities including keeping quality, ingredient screening, test development and product functionality testing.
- Intern is owner of: Customer sample preparation, product applications, competitive evaluations, product improvement and product transfers.
- Intern helps support the team in the following: Customer sample development, plant trials and technical support activities.
- Looking to hire intern immediately, however, intern will start work during Fall 2021 semester.
What you’ll do:
- Follow the Production Development Process/SOP to develop and commercialize new products. Prepare cheese and similar product type samples as requested by customers, using the project request process. Coordinate/assist with new product scale up pilot and plant trials including formulation, weighing, cooking, recording and reporting of results.
- Develop defined work plans, conduct experiments, and write reports. Apply basic quality tools and explore new project work. Good communication skills, both written & verbal are required.
- Assist Home Office R&D with exploratory/minor project work and documentation of technical information
- Serve as effective R&D, Customer Product Solutions and Cheese POD team member.
- Accomplish projects and tasks through teamwork with R&D scientists, operations, marketing, engineering, and customers.
- Provide a wide range of technical assistance to Home Office R&D, Scientists and Staff.
- Some of the key areas of help will be in addressing ingredient screening, data analysis of both trial and plant production runs, etc.
What you will need to succeed:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology or a related field.
- With a position start date of Fall semester 2021, must have at least 2 semesters remaining in school upon start date (May 2023 grads or later).
- Ability to work year-round at our Home Office located in Green Bay, WI.
- Ability to work 15-20 hours during the school year, 40 hours during winter/summer breaks.
- Candidate must be computer literate, have good communication and organizational skills, high attention to detail, mechanical aptitude and the ability to work effectively with other Schreiber partners
Qualifying positions offer:
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to an 8 percent Schreiber match and has been recognized as Best-in-Class for companies with 5,000-plus employees.
- A unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- An opportunity to share in the company’s success through our pay-for-performance incentive plan.
- Competitive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period, including second-opinion medical consultation with specialists
- Wellness resources, including a fitness reimbursement program and access to an interactive personalized online wellness program
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development opportunities through training and our Education Assistance Program
For positions that require any amount of travel: Valid driver’s license, auto insurance (at least state minimum- more might be required), acceptable driving record per Schreiber Foods discretion, and vehicle that will ensure applicant can meet the travel necessities of the position are required.
Schreiber requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event, an applicant does not have current work authorization, Schreiber will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.