Schreiber Foods Production Management Intern For Food Science
Schreiber Foods Production Management Intern For Food Science. Schreiber Foods strives to do good through food every day. Based in North America, we’re a customer-brand leader in cream cheese, natural cheese, process cheese, shelf-stable beverages and yogurt. Our more than 8,000 employees and presence on five continents enable us to be an essential ingredient in our customers’ success.
Production Management Intern
Location: Green Bay, WI
Job Category: Intern
Job Family: Student Intern
This internship gives the student an opportunity to interact with plant leadership and work on a variety of tasks, which could include process improvement initiatives, documenting processes and projects.
What you’ll do:
- Gain understanding of production lines and processes
- Assisting in projects to improve quality, productivity, and ensure a food-safe product
- Working with the plant leadership to meet or exceed daily production goals
- Identifying customer requirements and communicating them to the team
- Collaborating to improve plant productivity and increase efficiency
- Identifying and resolving process issues as they arise
- Together with the leadership team, ensures compliance with Food Safety and Food Quality Plans, in addition to customer requirements. Interprets and communicates customer requirements to plant production and/or support groups. Establishes and Audits PCPs, CCPs and Standard Operating Procedures to define and monitor processes, to ensure customer requirements are met. Reviews incidents during which the procedures are not met, and determines appropriate corrective action for partners failing to follow standard procedures.
What you will need to succeed:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in: Agriculture, Dairy Science, Food Science, Animal Science, Industrial Engineering, Business Management, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Quality or related/similar degree
- This is a year round internship that requires the student to be present at the plant.
- Student will work approximately 20 hrs/wk (between the core working hours of M-F 7 am – 5 pm) and have a desire to be on the production floor during a majority of their work day.
- Ideal candidate will have at least 2 semesters remaining upon starting the internship (Dec 2022 graduation or later)
- Intern must be enrolled as an active student during internship
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Self-starter, takes initiative
- Desire to grow and take on new challenges and opportunities
- Works independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Power Point
- Ability to interact well with people from diverse backgrounds and be adaptive to different communication styles and personalities
- Ability to train hourly partners on process changes/improvements
Qualifying positions offer:
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to an 8 percent Schreiber match and has been recognized as Best-in-Class for companies with 5,000-plus employees.
- A unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- An opportunity to share in the company’s success through our pay-for-performance incentive plan.
- Competitive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period, including second-opinion medical consultation with specialists
- Wellness resources, including a fitness reimbursement program and access to an interactive personalized online wellness program
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development opportunities through training and our Education Assistance Program
For positions that require any amount of travel: Valid driver’s license, auto insurance (at least state minimum- more might be required), acceptable driving record per Schreiber Foods discretion, and vehicle that will ensure applicant can meet the travel necessities of the position are required.
Schreiber requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event, an applicant does not have current work authorization, Schreiber will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.