Seagate Research Group Intern – Biochemistry Recruitment
Seagate Research Group Intern – Biochemistry Recruitment. Seagate Research Group is seeking a motivated biochemistry intern who will develop procedures for chemically modifying surfaces for biosensing applications. The position is based at Seagate’s DNA wet lab in the Prospect Park area in St. Paul, MN, 1 mile east of the University of Minnesota.
Intern – Biochemistry
Location: Shakopee, MN, US
About the role – you will:
- Review primary literature to gain knowledge of appropriate chemical surface modification and biomolecule conjugation techniques.
- Select appropriate chemical modification and/or conjugation methods to implement in Seagate’s biochemistry/biosensing applications.
- Develop experimental protocols for applying selected chemistries to desired surfaces.
- Execute developed protocols in the lab to create modified surfaces and/or biomolecule conjugates for Seagate’s biochemistry/biosensing applications.
- Test biomolecule conjugates for functionality.
- Optimize conjugated biomolecule structure for enhanced functionality.
- Pursuing a MS or PhD degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Molecular Biology, Chemical Engineering, or other related discipline
- Self-motivated, independent and a team player with strong communication skills
- Attentive to detail and proactive
- Prefer someone who can work full-time while continuing their education but would be open to part-time
Your experience includes:
- Executing written protocols in a laboratory setting, particularly in a biochemical laboratory.
- Familiarity with concepts and methods in bioconjugation.
- Familiarity with methods for the chemical modification of surfaces.