Sherwin Williams R&D Intern Vacancy – Apply Online
This position is a 12 week internship (Summer 2023) experience for the Performance Coatings Group R&D Division that will take place over the summer. Interns will be assigned to a specific lab and project team where they will have periodic reviews to evaluate their performance. This opportunity will allow them to gain experience in work groups and other R&D professionals at Sherwin-Williams.
Job Title: R&D Intern – (22000ORD)
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-GROVE CITY
• Must have a current cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph D. degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) related field
• Must have a High School diploma or the equivalent of a High School diploma
• Basic understanding of laboratory practices and safety
• Microsoft Word for technical reporting and Excel for data analysis
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Currently at a Sophomore or Junior standing
• Actively working towards a degree in any of the following: coatings, chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science, or polymer science.
• Ideal candidate will have previous work experience in a lab
• Local candidates
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
• Provide support to technicians, chemists and scientists within assigned Research & Development Group.
• Perform a variety of laboratory tasks utilizing general instruments and advanced lab equipment.
• Collaborate with other research and development team members to complete required tasks, including process chemistry and engineering and material science research groups.
• Complete appropriate research documentation, calculations, and data analysis and effectively communicate these results with supervisor and team members.
• Prepare basic samples, materials, equipment, and other required tools for laboratory tests or development.
• Perform basic technical development, tests, analyses, and research based on formulas and project requirements.
• Complete appropriate forms and documentation regarding research and development processes, tasks, results, reports and conclusions; receives direction from other technicians or chemists on specialized or complex issues.
• Perform basic calculations to prepare, perform, and conclude tests and analyses.
• Clean, maintain and calibrate standard equipment and maintain a clean and safe working environment.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Sherwin Williams R&D Intern