Siemens Healthcare Biochemistry Internship – Apply Online
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Multiple Locations: Berkeley, United States of America
Job Family: Internal Services
Req ID: 243744
Job Description for Siemens Healthcare Biochemistry Internship:
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence, they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Biochemistry Intern.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Biochemistry Intern:
- You will design and execute analytical performance studies, prepare and acquire materials, and analyze and present data to the SHL Immuno team
- You will gain experience using Siemens’ newest automated immunoassay platform to support development of an assay for diagnosis of neurodegenerative and metabolic diseases
- You will learn to do data analysis using statistical software such as JMP
- You will take part in knowledge exchange with our R&D team
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- You have basic biological laboratory and MS Office skills
- You have some understanding of immunology
- You are willing to learn how to use new automated assay platforms
- You have very good presentation and communication skills
- You are detail-oriented and have exceptional documentation abilities
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Currently enrolled in an accredited Bachelor’s degree (rising junior/senior) or Master’s degree program majoring in biochemistry, biology, chemistry, neurology, life sciences, or molecular biology.
- Can follow site safety policies implemented for the safe handling of biological fluids
- Must feel comfortable going onsite into the office and follow site COVID-19 protocol and have reliable transportation to the Berkeley, CA R&D site
- Must be local to the Berkeley, CA office (50 miles or less); no relocation/housing stipend will be offered for this position
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Must have permanent work authorization
- Must be available to work full-time (up to 40 hours/week) during the summer
Start date: May 2021; 3-month duration.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary