Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Internship – Biochemist
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics. Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Internship – Biochemist
Multiple Locations: Newark, United States of America
Job Family: Internal Services
Req ID: 250348
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational, and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Biochemist Intern.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Biochemist Intern, you will be responsible for:
- In your activities, you will apply scientific and statistical principles to analyze data, troubleshoot issues, and draw conclusions based on your analyses.
- You will assist with supporting assay verification/validation activities for in vitro diagnostic (IVD) assay development by following standard procedures, protocols, and practices.
- You will assist with preparing documentation needed to accomplish routine technical assignments and activity tracking.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below and would like to develop your career with Healthineers.
- You have good PC skills (MS Office software like Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and especially Excel).
- You are self-motivated and have high attention to detail.
- You are interested in learning more about how in vitro diagnostic assays are developed and commercialized.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Rising undergraduate senior or rising graduate student starting classes in Fall 2021
- Comfortable with college algebra and Microsoft Excel
- Willing to take direction, learn new things, and ask questions as needed
- Must have permanent work authorization and feel comfortable working in a fully virtual environment
- You have a reliable high-speed internet connection
- Your fully remote activities are expected to begin between 7:00 – 7:30am (Mon – Fri) and last for approximately 4 – 6 hours each workday (part-time)
- Must be located 50 miles or less from the Newark, DE office
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.2 or higher
Start date: June 2021; 3-month duration.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary