SK Food Group Intern – Quality Assurance Recruitment
SK Food Group Intern – Quality Assurance Recruitment. Established in 1943, the SK Food Group is a leader in the food manufacturing and wholesale food sales industry. We produce a complete line of products for many different market segments including retail, convenience stores, vending and the transportation industry. In addition, we pride ourselves on the sub-contract manufacturing and private labeling capabilities our company offers to customers throughout the United States. Please visit http://www.skfoodgroup.com for more information.
Intern – Quality Assurance
Tolleson, AZ, US
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Intern to join our team in Phoenix, AZ.
This position has potential to be hired on into a full time opportunity coming fall of 2021 after internship period ends.
This internship opportunity trains with Quality Assurance associates and completes assigned projects and tasks by providing general support Quality Assurance team.
Reports To: Quality Assurance (or as assigned)
FLSA Status: Hourly
Trains with Quality Assurance associates and completes assigned projects and tasks by providing general support Quality Assurance team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Gain industry knowledge through daily interactions and job assignments.
• Study and monitor processes and procedures.
• Shadow associates to learn the business and gain experience.
• Attend weekly department meetings.
• May assist other departments as assigned.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this position.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma and currently enrolled in, or recently graduated from, a college degree program related to food science, biology, or related field of study. Previous experience in a food production facility is desired but not required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS:
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
• Ability to learn and adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs). Previous experience in a food manufacturing environment is preferred.
• Positive attitude with an interest in food manufacturing quality assurance.
• Ability to work independently and remotely with minimal oversight.
• Able to meet deadlines.
• Proven written and verbal communication skills.
• Responds to a challenge with a positive attitude.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
This position is intended to be for a limited duration.
For information about physical demands, work environment and required training, please see the full job description.