Smithfield Foods Co-Op Program – Food Science Candidates Apply
Smithfield Foods Co-Op Program The Smithfield Foods Co-Op Program offers students a paid opportunity to work in an environment that fosters real-life experiences, explores career options, and applies your education. You will become a part of key management meetings and participate in meaningful projects.
Job Title: Co-Op – Operations Leadership
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Agribusiness, Meat Science, Food Science, Animal Science or related major.
- Must have completed your sophomore year in college.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint, and AutoCAD.
- Willingness to learn and work in a team environment.
- Proactive thinker and self-motivated.
- Strong time, project, and organizational management skills.
- The ability to work independently.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
they Invest in Smithfield’s Future by Investing in Yours.
Our goal is to provide a working environment that not only encourages creativity, but offers equality, diversity, mutual respect and productivity. Our Co-Ops are typically a semester and a summer long:
- Fall Co-Op: starts in May and ends in December
- Spring Co-Op starts in January and ends in August
- Our Co-Op roles will be based in various locations across the country and offer potential travel opportunities. You will have exposure and the opportunity to broaden your skills through impactful work, mentored relationships, project assignments, and real world exposure to different disciplines on Smithfield’s team.
- Focus on assignments and projects within your identified track
- Complete Learning Plan and master the skills and tasks identified
- Attend team and customer meetings within your functional area
- Develop, own and execute process and procedures to alleviate challenges within your functional areaCreate and lead formal proposals and presentations to various levels of
- Attend developmental training and workshops for the Co-Op Program
- Cross-Collaborate with current Co-Ops on projects
- Present during End-of-Program Presentations to Executive Leadership, Management and Peers
Smithfield Foods Co-Op