Smithfield Hiring Food Safety Technologist – Candidates Apply Online
This position assists the Food Safety Department to ensure the food safety system at the plant is properly documented and implemented – thus ensuring USDA regulatory compliance and the production of safe and wholesome meat products.
Job Title: Food Safety Technologist
As part of our FS/QA team, you would conduct routine sanitation checks, ensuring that HAACP and USDA regulations are strictly enforced. Providing technical expertise to track products from start to finish, and develop corrective actions when needed. You will be responsible for ensuring that we are able to safely deliver the best Smithfield, Eckrich, Nathan’s Famous, or any of our product brands to customers and consumers.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), required
- Associate’s degree preferred
- Ability to create, revise and interpret technical documents such as quality specifications, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Knowledge and understanding of quality assurance principles, food science, and meat processing
- A high level of technical expertise, ownership, and practical knowledge of all Quality Assurance and regulatory programs
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to use exposure monitoring equipment, interpret and communicate results
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to work on the internet, Spreadsheet, Presentation and Word Processing software
- Comprehensive experience and understanding of USDA Rules and Regulations
- Ability to uphold regulatory, company, and customer standards
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Must have the ability to complete required application forms in English, which requires the ability to read and write in English.
- Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable, and team-oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office and plant setting. The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision includes close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
Smithfield Hiring Food Safety