Syngenta Biology Lab Production Scientist Vacancy – Apply Now
Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; rooted in science and dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture.
Job Title: Lab Production Scientist
Location: Slater, Iowa
- B.S. in Biology, Genetics, Agriculture, or related field
- Experience working in a laboratory
- Good attention to detail
- Understanding of basic genetic principles
- Most be physically able to be on your feet for most of the day.
- Most be able to lift a 25lb box.
- Must be authorized to work for Syngenta in the United States without work authorization sponsorship
- Experience using automated laboratory liquid handling instrumentation
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- High level of comfort with data entry on a computer
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively as a member of a team
Through leading innovations, we help farmers around the world meet the challenge of feeding a growing population and taking care of our planet. Our genotyping laboratory uses cutting edge technology and automation to deliver high quality genetic data to our Syngenta breeders. We are currently seeking a Lab Production Scientist for the Genotyping Lab in Ames, Iowa.
- Must be able to complete scheduled tests within necessary amount of time, in an organized manner.
- Use lab equipment like centrifuge, automated liquid dispensers, water bath thermocyclers, and Nexar liquid handlers.
- Use computer software to physically and electronically track the test samples through the lab process to maintain sample identity, via a LIMS.
- Collaboratively analyze and troubleshoot data quality issues.
- Understanding of experimental design.
- Communicate and implement process improvement ideas.
- Learn the background of our genetic testing and understand internal and end customer.
- Participate in meetings and share relevant information with others.
- Unload lab consumables (sample plates, tips for machines, chemicals, etc.) from pallets and boxes, then move them into lab spaces.
- Participate in routine instrument maintenance
- Collaborate closely with other laboratory staff
- Maintain a clean and safe laboratory
Syngenta Biology Lab Production