Takeda Biotech Summer Internship 2021 – Applications Invited
Takeda Biotech Summer Internship 2021 – Applications Invited. Takeda Biotech Summer Internship. As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter Future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines.
2021 Summer Internships
Job ID: R0031716
Date posted: 05/03/2021
Location: USA – IL – Round Lake – Drug Delivery
Worker Type: Employee
Worker Sub-Type: Regular
Time Type: Full time
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited in Round Lake IL is hiring interns for summer 2021!
Offering opportunities for the following majors: Environment, Health and Safety (EH&S), Engineering (all disciplines), Business Administration, Supply Chain, Finance, Industrial Psychology, Operations Management, Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Data Analytics
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire and empower you to shine? Join Takeda as a Biotech Summer Intern! At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D driven market leadership and being a values-led company. We empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster a diverse, inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission
The Internship Program is designed to be both educational and practical. Interns will learn how to take skills acquired in school and apply them in a professional setting. The Intern will gain a better understanding of the work environment in a specific role and how it supports a biotech manufacturing setting. The candidate will also have opportunities to work with other interns and departments.
The Biotech Summer Internship is a 12-week program where interns will sharpen their skills through a variety of experiences including ownership of daily responsibilities and participation in special projects. Internship roles are modelled and designed to challenge interns to learn, adapt, and add value to their teams while learning new skills.
Program features include:
- Each intern is assigned a mentor to help introduce them to Takeda’s corporate culture and values.
- Through formal training and on-the-job experiences, we are committed to developing interns in areas specific to their education and interest while exposing them to Takeda’s technologies, product lines and global environment.
- Throughout the course of the summer, interns will have the opportunity to attend networking and development events
Internships are assigned based on business need as well as candidate interest. Assignments are designed to challenge interns to adapt and add value to the position they hold. Some areas where an intern can expect to work are Manufacturing, EHS, Supply Chain, Business Excellence, Finance and Quality. Below are examples of the departments:
- EH&S- risk assessments, sustainability, safety tours, ERGO assessments, and incident investigation
- Engineering – help to troubleshoot the Round Lake site in their plasma operations
- Quality —ensure adequate adherence and deployment of quality systems such as batch record review, product release, change control, exception management, and product annual reviews.
- The internship will have two start dates: June 1st, 2021
- The expected completion of the internship is August 2021
- Must be pursing an associates or bachelors degree
- Degrees aligned with Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, Business, Data Analytics, Supply Chain, Operations, Finance, Accounting, or Project Management
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Must be a US Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, or otherwise authorized to work in the US without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
- Passion for improving patients’ lives and healthcare advancement
- Demonstrates excellent skills in oral and written communication, organization, and prioritization of tasks
- Critical/analytical thinking that drives conclusions and problem resolution
- Exhibits leadership skills including personal accountability, decision quality, customer focus, drive for results, with integrity and trust
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills, experience with cross-cultural environment preferred
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and work under pressure
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 25 lbs.
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility.
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
- No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment.
- Will work in a cold, wet environment
- Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- May be required to work in a confined area.
- Some Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions.
Location and Salary Information: This job posting excludes CO applicants.