Thermo Fisher Scientific Cell Biology R&D Engineer – Apply Online
Do you have a passion for innovative ideas and groundbreaking discoveries? With over $1 billion invested annually in R&D, at Thermo Fisher Scientific you’ll help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges, from giving cancer patients hope, ensuring safe drinking water and helping law enforcement tackle cases through forensics.
Job Title: V&V Engineer, R&D, Cell Biology
Location Carlsbad, California, US
Job ID: 201773BR
Eligibility Criteria & Experience:
- Ph.D. with 1+ years of industry experience, preferably in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Cell Therapy, or Immunology.
- M.S. degree with 3+ years of relevant experience
- B.S. degree with 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in instrumentation development
- Experience in stage-gate product commercialization
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret and summarize scientific results in a clear, concise, and accurate manner
- Statistical analysis capabilities are not required, but desired
- Excellent organizational skills to meet project deadlines and support multiple ongoing projects
How will you make an impact?
As a part of the Cell Biology Verification and Validation R&D team within the Biosciences Division, you will assist project teams throughout the product development process as a V&V core team lead. You will interact with project teams and work closely with the various disciplines to support product development in accordance with the product commercialization guidelines.
What will you do?
- Create comprehensive V&V test plans and reports
- Use statistical techniques to analyze data and confirm product performance
- Present data to key stakeholders during formal design reviews
- Work closely with R&D, Engineering, Quality, Regulatory, Product Management, Program Management, and Operations functions
Thermo Fisher Scientific Cell