Thermo Fishers Scientific Microbiology & Molecular Biology Job Vacancy
The Science & Technology Team (STT) is passionate about developing end-to-end, standardized workflows and assays to support nucleic acid, viral vector, and cell therapy cGMP manufacturing. The Scientist III will be responsible for being part of a robust technical team proficient in advanced cell culture and manipulation using robust platforms that ease the path towards GMP manufacturing.
Job Title: Scientist II, Cell Therapy
Location San Diego, California, US
Job ID: 206256BR
Master’s degree in Biochemical Engineering, Bioprocessing, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, and/or molecular biology or Bachelor’s degree with 2+years of relevant hands-on experience.
Technical proficiency in mammalian cell culture, advanced cell systems and cell modification
Cross-functional communication, accountability, ability to prioritize and deliver on sophisticated processes/projects.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with advanced mammalian cell culture with primary and stem cells
- Hands-on experience with cell biology techniques and cellular assays
Strong communication, receptive to suggestions and feedback, highly collaborative with the ability to adapt to change, work within a team to effect performance
What will you do?
- Utilize skills for highly controlled large-scale and high-throughput cell culture. Isolate cells from primary tissues and generate qualified cell banks
- Adapt and execute processes in bench-scale and large-scale culture systems effective planning, scheduling, and execution of experiments.
- Perform various types of cell modification with viruses, plasmid DNA, and other gene-editing platforms.
- Plan and execute experiments; generate protocols and methods; address and resolve technical issues record and report data
- Perform evaluation of new methods, processes, techniques, and technology platforms
Strong teamwork with other scientists and functional partners
- Work in a matrix environment, interact externally and internally across technical teams, divisions, and functions; collaborate with clients, and support translational services
Thermo Fishers Scientific Microbiology