Unilever Food Science Quality Specialist Vacancy – Apply Online
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to be part of a winning team? Unilever is recruiting for a Quality Supervisor to join our Independence Team. The Independence Site is primarily a dry savory operation producing Knorr and Lipton products that also has a Tea production operation. Every day is a new adventure as the site continues to grow and improve. On any given day, two billion people use Unilever products to look good, feel good and get more out of life. With more than 400 brands focused on health and wellbeing, no company touches so many people’s lives in so many ways. Our portfolio ranges from nutritionally balanced foods to indulgent ice creams, affordable soaps, luxurious shampoos and everyday household care products.
Job Title: Quality Specialist (Night Shift)
Job ID: R-43660
Category: Supply Chain
Location: Independence, MO
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (preferably in Biology, Food Sciences, Regulatory Sciences, or Chemistry), in lieu of degree 4-6+ years of experience preferred.
- Minimum two years of quality related experience, preferably in a food environment.
- Experience with HACCP Plans, FSMA, and USDA preferred
- Strong analytical skills; ability to translate data into action and follow-through
- Excellent math, written and verbal communication skills
- Team leadership/ supervisory experience is preferred, but not required
- Computer proficiency, esp. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, EWM, SAP; ability to provide relevant input and deploy/train new digital quality systems
- Flexible, motivated individual with the ability to adapt quickly and effectively.
- Ability to lead in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Basic knowledge of dry savory composition, sanitation principles, microbiology and quality assurance policies and regulations.
- Experience with lean manufacturing principles and statistical analytics platforms preferred
- Applied knowledge of dry food manufacturing equipment and digital systems preferred
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
Reporting to the Site Quality Manager, the Quality Specialist plays a role in ensuring Unilever’s goal to delight consumers. This person upholds factory specifications, standards and Quality Management System (QMS) for food safety, quality assurance and controls in alignment with applicable regulatory requirements. This key Quality role drives site Quality improvement activities to ensure consumer safety & overall product quality and address consumer / customer issues. This includes vendor contract optimization, process capability monitoring, partnering in formulation challenges and updating relevant standards, creating and executing relevant training, cleaning & allergen validations and hygienic design gatekeeping. This person will work with our other Quality Specialists and production teams in identifying and executing process and material improvements. Each Quality Specialist role become a subject matter expert in his/her areas of ownership. These areas of ownership rotate periodically to broaden each individual and create sustainability within the department. This role will report on program performance to the Quality manager.
You’re a strategy guru: you have a knack for linking tactical activities to program progression plans to sustainably meet or exceed performance targets
You’re a dot connector: you thrive on problem-solving & getting things done in collaboration with all departments
You love to win, and have fun doing it: you bring your authentic self to the job and lift others up through your successes
You’re a story teller: you bring others on the Quality improvement journey. You celebrate the wins and help others learn from the opportunities.
You’re a changemaker: you drive a step change in Quality by inspiring all levels down to the shop floor
You’re a paradox navigator: you hold all levels of the organization accountable to be Quality champions
Unilever Food Science Quality