Wendy’s International R&D Intern – Food Science Apply
Wendy’s International R&D Intern – Food Science Apply. At Wendy’s, we’re all about serving up fresh food, even if it means going the extra mile. When you walk through our doors, we do what we can to make everyone feel at home because our family extends through your community.
International R&D Intern
1 DAVE THOMAS BLVD.
DUBLIN, OH 43017
Reference Number: PR 0003763
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The R&D Intern in the International Department will gain exposure to, learn from, and work with professionals within the International team and the Global Wendy’s Business. You will be expected to exhibit initiative and creative problem solving in pursuit of your assigned goals and tasks.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
The areas of focus for the internship include but are not limited to:
- Exposure to International and Global Wendy’s team. Your assigned project will create the opportunity to work across functional teams and departments within the company
- Gain experience working in a test kitchen, with restaurant and analytical equipment
- Understanding and leveraging the start to finish food innovation and product development process
- Assist with the research of a specific topic to further understanding and provide a recommendation to potentially establish new procedures and tools for a product
- You will work with an experienced supervisor and team of industry leading professionals who are eager to provide guidance and help you grow your career and skill set
- Participate in small projects and workshops geared towards educational and career development
- Completion of an over-arching project that leverages the student’s background with a department initiative that will be presented to department leadership at the conclusion of the internship
- Other duties as assigned
Your 12-14 weeks with us will be unique and personalized based not only on our business needs, but also on your personal interests & development goals.
Wendy’s is the world’s second largest quick-service hamburger company and was built on the premise, “Quality is our Recipe®,” which remains the guidepost of the Wendy’s system. Today, Wendy’s and its franchisees employ hundreds of thousands of people across more than 6,700 restaurants worldwide with a vision of becoming the world’s most thriving and beloved restaurant brand.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU
Education / Experience
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Agricultural Sciences, Consumer Sciences, or a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Strong time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Interest in food and food product development
- Self-starter and seeker of knowledge
- Comfortable working in a lab environment with both lab equipment and restaurant equipment
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Will be working out the restaurant test kitchen 2-3 days per week
Please note that the Wendy’s Company does not accept unsolicited résumé’s from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit résumé’s to an approved requisition, the Wendy’s company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
Wendy’s is an equal employment opportunity employer who may provide reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.