Wonderful Scholar Summer Strategy Internship, Applications Invited
Wonderful Scholar Summer Strategy Internship, Applications Invited. Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $5 billion company dedicated to harvesting health around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company’s 10,000 employees worldwide are committed to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart.
Wonderful Scholar Summer Strategy Internship
- Bakersfield, CA, USA
Wonderful Strategy Group (WSG) delivers high-impact results for the businesses in its portfolio through partnering directly with executive leaders to solve their most pressing strategic and operational issues. Our team of 30+ strategy professionals is made up of individuals with diverse backgrounds in agriculture, consulting, operations, technology, engineering, sustainability, digital transformation, project management, and finance. We work side-by-side with company leaders, helping to craft growth strategies, design operational and technological improvements, and support the long-term health of the organization.
WSG focuses on professional development through regular engaged mentorship from senior team members. Our ongoing training programs are designed to expand your ability to solve complex business problems, learn to create strategies for change, and win buy-in from stakeholders to successfully impact the direction of the company and the communities we work in.
In addition to providing strategic guidance, the Strategy Group often serves as a pipeline for leadership talent at our businesses. Alumni from the Strategy Group have gone on to diverse leadership roles in areas like general management, e-commerce, marketing, operations, finance, and R&D.
What does a Strategy team member do?
- Support the development of solutions to complex analytical problems
- Drive critical strategic, operational, technological, and organizational initiatives
- Form strong, long-lasting partnerships with operating company leadership and executive leadership
- Grow as leaders through a continued focus on skill development and leadership training
- Manage internal team members development (dependent upon experience level)
- Work directly with our business partners on site in the San Joaquin Valley (Kern, Kings, Tulare, and Fresno Counties) and, on occasion, in Napa, Sonoma, and San Luis Obispo counties. Most projects are located in Kern County with a secondary location being Fresno County.
What skills are we looking for?
- Coursework in food/beverage processing, agronomy, viticulture/enology, continuous improvement, food science, ag credit, food/ag-focused private equity, agtech, statistics, engineering or similar
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Advanced quantitative and analytical skills including ability to use arithmetic to solve real life problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Detail-oriented and ability to multitask to complete a variety of tasks
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work
- Ability to hit the ground running with Central Valley-focused project work
- Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to drive extensively and operate autonomously in rural areas throughout the Central Valley
- COVID vaccination and any eligible boosters will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption
- Fluent or conversational Spanish, Mixteco, Zapoteco, Nahuatl, Maya, or Otomí are all very highly valued
Title, Salary, & Location
- This is a temporary summer internship role open to current college students and recent college graduates. Opportunity for full-time offer dependent upon performance
- Salary and benefits package is highly competitive in the corporate strategy space and dependent upon experience
- The Wonderful Company has locations across the Central Valley of California, in Napa & Sonoma counties, and along the central coast of CA. This position is based in Bakersfield and will require some travel to business units in nearby areas, including Lost Hills, Delano, and Shafter.