2023 Summer Intern – Sequencing Reagent & Assay Development
The Summer at Roche Intern Program has been developed to provide students with a fun yet rewarding summer through hands-on experience. Interns enjoy opportunities to network with other interns as well as employees throughout our organization. Additionally, we help our students meet their career development and educational goals while potentially building a future with the Roche organization.
Job Title: 2023 Summer Intern – Sequencing Reagent and Assay Development
Location Pleasanton, California, United States of America Category Vocational & Development Programs
Job Id 202211-140372
Targeting undergraduates who have completed at least one year of undergraduate coursework at a university or current graduate students pursuing a degree in Biology, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, or other related Life Sciences field.
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited college/university during the program calendar year 2023.
- Minimum availability of 12 weeks.
- Desired GPA 3.0 or higher.
- Laboratory experience in work or academic settings.
- Familiar with sterile technique in the lab and pipetting.
- Experience with NGS, PCR, and/or RNA handling is a plus.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse and multi-disciplinary team.
- Complements our culture and the standards that guide our daily behavior & decisions: Integrity, Courage, and Passion.
- Intensive full-time (40 hours per week), 12-week paid internship.
- Program start dates are in May and June 2023.
- Ownership of challenging and impactful business-critical projects.
- Work with some of the most talented people in the biotechnology industry.
- Final presentations of project work to senior leaders.
- Lead or participate in intern committees to design and coordinate program events and initiatives.
- Professional & personal development curriculum throughout the program, including networking opportunities, workshops, and panel discussions.
- Participate in volunteer projects, social events, and team-building activities.
- Paired with a 1:1 mentor through the Roche Young Professionals Business Resource Group.
- Access to on-site fitness and wellness center (subject to change).
2023 Summer Intern