Abbott Life Science R&D Scientist Job Opening – Apply Online
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritional and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Job Title: SCIENTIST, R&D – BIOLOGICS DISCOVERY
Location: UNITED STATES – ILLINOIS – ABBOTT PARK CATEGORY RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
- Knowledge of regulations and standards affecting IVDs and Biologics.
- Ph.D. in a life or physical science; Or B.S. in a life or physical science with 4+ years related lab/industrial experience; Or M.S. with 2+ years relevant experience.
- Background in Biology, Biochemistry, and/or Immunology preferred.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on lab experience and a strong willingness to learn.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a collaborative, positive attitude is a must.
- Experience with acquiring, analyzing, and interpreting data.
- Cell culture experience using different expression systems is a plus.
- Previous experience with recombinant protein purification.
- Ability to think logically and creatively and be innovative.
- Ability to write manuscripts for professional journals and meetings.
- Work with supervisors to design new experiments to address critical project needs.
Execute experiments and carefully interpret results.
- Collaborate with colleagues and other teams to achieve project goals.
- Develop and deliver scientific reports in writing or through oral presentations.
- Learn and adapt quickly to changing needs and demands.
Willingness to grow and expand skillset.
- Conducts experiments, accomplishes established milestones and summarizes data, interprets, results, and draws conclusions. Evaluates data. Recommends options for future experiments. Presents scientific observations to others.
- Expertise and Problem Solving: Identifies technical alternatives.
Quality/Safety: Demonstrate an understanding of the application of the Quality Policy through daily activities.
- Work in a safe and environmentally responsible manner. Participates in lab safety.
Use sound judgment, appropriate scientific methods, and thorough data analysis.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and deliver high-quality results.
Documentation: Appropriately documents experimental procedures and results according to established guidelines.
Communication/Leadership: Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills within and outside the immediate area.
- Shares and enhances own knowledge by mentoring and training others.
- Utilizes experience to mentor team members and others.
- Understands and identifies team contribution to long-range plans.
- Provides feedback to team members and identifies strengths and areas for improvement.
- Recognizes and promotes acceptance of changes in the internal/external environment.
- Utilize scientific literature to broaden technical & theoretical understanding.
- Actively use library services to conduct literature searches.
Abbott Life Science R&D