Abbvie 2021 Research Intern – Experiential Internship
Abbvie 2021 Research Intern – Experiential Internship. AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio.
2021 Experiential Internship – Research Intern
Locations: Worcester, United States of America
Categories: Administrative Services
Req ID: 2102408
The candidate will be responsible for performing rudimentary bioinformatic analysis of proteomic profiling data under the guidance of the mentor. This will involve data tabulation, basic statistical analysis, literature, and web-based database searches. The candidate will be required to learn general immunological concepts, interpret results, record findings in an electronic notebook, attend bi-weekly lab meetings and give an oral presentation at the end of their internship. A background in a scientific field of study is required.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree
- Previous work experience in the pharmaceutical industry or academic laboratory preferred.
- This role requires strong organizational, strategic thinking, analytical and reporting skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills required. Ability to communicate concepts and problems in terms that are understandable to all levels of the organization, including senior leadership.
- Minimum GPA = 3.0/4.0
- Currently enrolled in university, pursuing a bachelor’s degree with a major in Biochemistry, Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Data Analytics, Neurobiology, Pharmacy
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be authorized to work in the US on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship
- Returning to university for at least one semester and graduating within one-year post internship
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Internship
Job Level Code: IC