Roche Summer Intern Program – Applications Invited
Roche Summer Intern Program – Applications Invited. The Summer @ Roche Intern Program has been developed to provide students with a fun yet rewarding summer through hands-on experience and numerous opportunities to network with other interns as well as employees in the organization. Additionally, we help our students meet their career development and educational goals while potentially building a future with the Roche organization. Leveraging the education you received already, we hope to give you an opportunity to grow and develop with us!
Summer Intern – Biochemistry
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university during program calendar year 2021
- Completed at least 2 years of college/university to be eligible for the program.
- Must have a ≥3.0 GPA. Please attach a copy of your transcript in order to be considered for this internship opportunity.
- Minimum availability of 12 weeks (Required start on or before program Welcome Reception and end date on or after Summer End Poster Symposium).
- Previous experience in the job duties listed, either through course work or industry/academia
- Participation in student organizations and/or other leadership experience
In the biochemistry department, we provide our expertise to optimize the sequencing reaction that uses the novel chemistry Sequencing by eXpansion (SBX). We are looking for an enthusiastic and detail-oriented individual who will provide support in multiple quality, technical, and administrative tasks.
- Perform quality control assessments on various biochemistry reagents and components of SBX.
- Prepare solutions, buffers, and other critical components for the Biochemistry department.
- Track reagent inventories for the Biochemistry department.
- Streamline processes and SOPs.
- Process and analyze data to make informed decisions.
- Provide input and experimentation to improve the Sequencing By eXpansion technology.
- Bachelor’s (must be enrolled in or completed their 2nd year).
- Preferred Majors/Disciplines: Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Bioengineering, chemical engineering, or any scientific disciplines.
- Knowledge and experience in basic laboratory techniques such as PCR, gel electrophoresis, aseptic technique, liquid handling, and others.
- Experience working in a self-driven, performance/results oriented, fast paced matrix environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong scientific and technical writing and presentations.
- Detail-oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Excel, and Google Suite applications and tools.
What you will learn:
- Advanced analytical techniques and best practices.
- Hands-on experience with next-generation sequencing technology.
- Ability to work with multiple R&D departments – learn biology and chemistry-focused techniques, coordination and communication of projects, and various workflows.
- Quality control assessments and reagent handling techniques.
- Experiment design and project management skills.
Given the current uncertainty of the global pandemic and work from home situation for 2021, the majority of internships are currently planned to be virtual with the option for interns to work remotely from within U.S. Borders. Internships that operate in business critical roles, such as Operations and Research & Development may require you to work on campus. We will keep candidates informed if this changes.