AbbVie Associate Scientist Recruitment – Life Science Candidates Apply
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio.
Job Title: Associate Scientist I/II, Cell Culture, BioProcess Development
Location: Worcester, United States of America
Department: Research and Development
Req Id: 2106344
An associate scientist I/II position is available within the Cell Culture group of the BioProcess Development Department at AbbVie Bioresearch Center in Worcester, MA. The group is responsible for developing and supporting cell culture manufacturing processes for early and late phase clinical programs. We strive for speedy delivery of quality processes that are high yield, amenable to efficient manufacturing operations, robust and provide desirable product quality attributes. The group interacts closely with other development groups, along with Manufacturing and Discovery. The selected candidate will be involved in cell culture process development, process characterization, tech transfer and scale-up, and high-throughput method development. We are seeking for an enthusiastic, creative scientist that can work independently and as part of a dynamic team environment.
Cultivate CHO cells in suspension at different bench-top scales (e.g. deep well plates, shake flasks, bioreactors) in fed-batch and perfusion modes.
- Prepare cell culture media following recipes.
- Execute experiments following established experimental procedures and assist in the interpretation of results.
- Apply DoE and other statistical tools for the design and interpretation of experiments.
- Maintain clear, accurate and timely documentation.
- Effectively communicate scientific data and concepts to internal audiences through reports and presentations.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, and GMP compliance.
- B.S. in biochemical/chemical engineering or life sciences-related disciplines with 1+ years of industrial experience; or M.S. in biochemical/chemical engineering or life sciences-related disciplines.
- Proven experience working aseptically in cell culture processes.
- Proven experience working at bench-top bioreactor scale.
AbbVie Associate Scientist Recruitment