Abbvie Intern 2021 For Biology – Experiential Internship
Abbvie Intern 2021 For Biology – Experiential Internship. AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio.
2021 Experiential Internship: Alzheimer’s Disease Pathobiology Intern
Locations: Cambridge, United States of America
Categories: Administrative Services
Req ID: 2102777
Job Description: Summer Intern Alzheimer’s Disease Pathobiology
AbbVie has established the Foundational Neuroscience Center (FNC) in Cambridge, MA to investigate the fundamental biological mechanisms and to develop therapeutic interventions for neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease (AD) and Parkinson’s disease (PD). AbbVie scientists are using this understanding of disease processes along with state-of-the-art technologies to develop transformative treatment options for patients.
The Tau Pathobiology group is seeking a summer intern who will closely work with drug discovery scientists to analyze experiments to assess neurotoxicity in Alzheimer’s disease (AD) model systems.
- Strong interest and background in Neuroscience is required.
- Following background is preferred but not required:
- Basic understanding of immunofluorescence and live cell imaging
- Quantitative mindset and computer programming experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Biology, Neurobiology, or another related field
- Must be authorized to work in the US on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship
- Minimum GPA = 3.0/4.0
- Returning to university for at least one semester and graduating within one-year post internship
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Internship
Job Level Code: IC