Abbvie R&D Scientist Internship 2021 – Applications Invited
Abbvie R&D Scientist Internship 2021 – Applications Invited. AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio.
2021 Experiential Internship- R&D Scientist
Locations: Cambridge, United States of America
Categories: Administrative Services
Req ID: 2103302
Functional Department Description:
The Foundational Immunology Department at Cambridge Research Center is responsible for harnessing bioinformatics and high throughput target validation for the development of transformative Immunology and Fibrosis therapies.
The summer intern student will work closely with bioinformatics and molecular modelling scientists to use a machine learning/AI approach to build an in-silico platform to predict the impact on protein folding and protein function of non-synonymous missense genetic polymorphisms that result in amino acid changes.
The student will provide support to:
- Prioritize disease implicated variants for protein structural modelling leveraging literature and genetic databases.
- Learn and use molecular modelling software to model protein structure and calculate molecular properties.
- Define and classify different modelling scenario and standardize the prediction procedure.
- Design and implement the automated workflow to connect multiple molecular modelling and simulation programs to enable high-throughput screening.
- Correlation structural results with other metrics.
- Basic understanding of genetic and protein structural concepts – required
molecular modelling software – preferred
- Linux/Unix operating system – required
- A programming language such as Python, Perl, etc.- required
- Prior experience with bioinformatics, computational biology/biophysics/chemistry/bioengineering, or computer science preferred
- Minimum GPA= 3.0/4.0
- Returning to university for at least one semester and graduating within one-year post-internship.
- Currently enrolled in university, pursuing a bachelor’s degree with a major in Biochemistry, Biomedical Engineering, Biology, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics or another related field.
- Demonstrated leadership skills (i.e. extracurricular activities or projects)
- Must be authorized to work in the US on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship
- Highly motivated, a detail-oriented student with good communication skills.
Job Type: Internship
Job Level Code: IC