Amazon Biochemistry Research Scientist Vacancy – Apply Online
Amazon is a team of doers working passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in technology to solve real-world problems. As a Research Scientist, you will work with a unique and gifted team developing exciting products for consumers and collaborate with cross-functional teams. Our team rewards intellectual curiosity while maintaining a laser focus in bringing products to market. Competitive candidates are responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, startup-like environment. At the cutting edge of both academic and applied research in this product area, you have the opportunity to work together with some of the most talented scientists, engineers, and product managers.
Job Title: Research Scientist
Job ID: 1454318
- graduate degree (MSc/Ph.D.) plus 2-5 years of experience.
- 2+ years of directly related commercial or academic post-graduate experience.
- Graduate degree (M.Sc./Ph.D.) degree within life sciences (e.g. Biochemistry, Genetics, Molecular Biology, and Microbiology).
- Ability to work within multidisciplinary teams at the interface of life science and computer science.
- Expertise with cutting-edge molecular biology and/or biochemistry methods and concepts.
· Familiarity with data analysis tools and methodologies that are commonly used in modern laboratory data analysis.
· Work with a team of researchers to extend and interpret advanced analytical methodologies.
· Ability to work successfully within an entrepreneurial environment.
· Facilitate interactions with collaborators, both internal and external, to develop efficiencies for cutting edge analytical methods.
· Broad familiarity with different areas of the life sciences.
· Ability to establish and manage external partnerships with key technology partners and collaborators.
· Professional characteristics—not unique for this position—that are necessary for Amazon leaders, will include: customer obsession; thinking big; bias for action; inventing and simplifying; strategic thinking/planning and focusing on product execution; having relentlessly high standards; and is interested in recruiting and developing the best.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon Biochemistry Research