Amgen Associate Scientist Recruitment 2021 – Molecular Biology
Amgen Molecular Biology Amgen Molecular Biology Scientist You’ve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge you’ve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Job Title: Associate Scientist – Molecular Biology
Location: US – California – South San Francisco
Master’s degree and at least 2 years of scientific research experience Or
Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of scientific research experience in molecular biology, cell biology, or a closely related field.
- Strong background in molecular biology, cell biology, or biochemistry.
- Good critical thinking and attention to detail are required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to conduct experiments.
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- The successful candidate must have expertise in his or her field of research as well as the ability to adapt to new technologies and techniques.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced company environment and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
- Hands-on experience with cell biology, biochemistry, and molecular biology techniques, especially mammalian cell culture techniques.
- Experience performing experiments, such as RNA, DNA extraction, PCR, cloning.
- Hand-on experience in handling samples at 96 or 384-well format.
- Proficiency in performing and analysis of FACS, ELISA, or gene editing are preferred.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan—comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits—with compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. The Genome Analysis Unit group at Amgen Inc. South San Francisco site is seeking to hire a highly enthusiastic and motivated individual at the Associate Scientist level. In this vital role, you will work in the lab under the supervision and work closely with a group of committed scientists to perform cell-based assays, molecular biology experiments, quantitative and molecular genetic analyses to discover, develop and validate the exciting Amgen drug discovery pipeline.
Position Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Execute and document experimental plans and laboratory procedures timely with great attention to detail.
- Execute data analysis and trouble-shooting with guidance.
- Performing RNA and DNA extraction from mammalian cell lines and tissues, and related quantitative PCR/digital PCR.
- Performing mammalian cell line maintenance and cell-based molecular biology and biochemical assays.
- Present data internally and communicate effectively with colleagues.
Operate and maintain lab equipment.
Amgen Associate Scientist Recruitment