Amgen Molecular Biology Research Associate Vacancy – Apply Online
Amgen Molecular Biology Research. Biology Research Associate Vacancy. Amgen job opening 2020 for biology candidates. Biology job opening 2020. The Sr. Associate Scientist will be a part of a multidisciplinary team with capabilities in molecular engineering, cloning, expression, and purification of proteins, including antibodies, bispecific, and membrane proteins. The ideal candidate will have broad laboratory training, deep scientific curiosity, and a positive approach to working in a team-based research environment along with a track record of creative problem-solving and enthusiasm for taking on difficult research challenges.
The successful candidate will join the Molecular Biology group and is expected to apply comprehensive molecular biology techniques (e.g., modeling, protein engineering, construct design, cloning) to generate DNA constructs for immunization, protein expression and assays.
Job Title: SENIOR ASSOCIATE SCIENTIST – MOLECULAR BIOLOGY
Master’s degree and 3 years of pharmaceutical/biotech experience OR
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of pharmaceutical/biotech experience
- Broad training in Molecular Biology, Protein engineering, Biochemistry or related fields
- Detailed knowledge in construct design, cloning, and vector engineering for recombinant protein or cell-surface expression
- Expertise in automation for throughput cloning or expression
- Familiarity with data management in high throughput cloning
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire to be a team player in a dynamic, cross-functional environment
- Experience in high throughput microbial expression is highly desirable
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Work cross-functionally with our therapeutic areas to design constructs to generate DNA or protein reagents
- Apply automation and data management software to clone large panel of engineered proteins and novel constructs for multiple projects;
- Interact closely with and handoff gene constructs to the downstream stakeholders
Amgen’s Therapeutic Discovery organization is seeking a collaborative Senior Associate Scientist to join the Protein Technologies department at our South San Francisco site. Protein Technologies is responsible for designing, planning, and executing on the generation of key enabling reagents to support the early discovery of small and large molecule therapeutics and ground-breaking modalities.