Amgen Biochemistry Associate Scientist Recruitment – Apply Online
Amgen’s Therapeutic Discovery organization is seeking an enthusiastic team-oriented Associate Scientist to join the Protein Technologies group at our South San Francisco site. The successful candidate will be responsible for hands-on protein purification and biochemical characterization for a variety of protein classes. The candidate will work closely with other protein biochemists, as well as colleagues in expression and analytics groups within Therapeutic Discovery.
Job Title: ASSOCIATE SCIENTIST – PROTEIN BIOCHEMISTRY
Location: US, CA,South San Francisco
Job ID |R-116185
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. In this vital role you will be responsible for designing, planning, and executing on the generation of key enabling reagents to support early discovery of small and large molecule therapeutics and cutting-edge novel modalities.
- Purify recombinant proteins of various formats.
- Perform standard analytical techniques to assess final protein quality.
- Comply with internal data entry and record keeping requirements.
WHAT WE EXPECT OF YOU
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The innovative professional we seek is a Scientist with these qualifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Chemistry, or a related subject area and 2-4 years of scientific laboratory experience.
- Master’s Degree and 0-2 years of experience in a relevant subject area
- Broad training in protein biochemistry, including:
- Proficiency in protein purification methods, including experience with chromatography instrumentation.
- Understanding of common strategies for protein expression. Hands-on experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with analytical methods such as HPLC or LC-MS is preferred.
Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Desire to be a great teammate in a cross-functional environment.
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a dynamic environment.
SOME OF THE VAST REWARDS OF WORKING HERE
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan—comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits—with compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
Amgen Biochemistry Associate