Amgen Internship 2021 Announced – Life Science Candidates Apply Online
Amgen Internship 2021 Announced. Amgen is currently seeking highly motivated, hardworking individuals who will lead initiatives, strategic analysis, and business case development on projects across the five Operations functions. Along with key business partners and functional groups, this position will focus on making effective recommendations to the organization’s senior leadership.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops, and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and other serious illnesses.
Location: US, RI, West Greenwich
Job ID R-106189
With the support of their hiring manager, the intern will develop a project charter to map out objectives, identify key stakeholders, timelines, and deliverables. Leveraging their analytical, leadership, and interpersonal skills, the intern will work cross-functionally to identify the problem, measure the current state, develop recommendations through qualitative and quantitative analysis, and present the findings through various forums including an intern-wide poster session and a final readout to executive management.
This internship will be approximately 12 weeks that includes both project-based and experiential learning. Amgen provides state-of-the-art workspace and promotes collaboration with senior leadership through a series of formal and informal events. In conjunction with the project work, interns will have the opportunity for professional development through training sessions, one-on-one mentoring, and various networking events. Interns will also be able to interact with peers at Amgen-sponsored social events. Interns are highly encouraged to network with staff across the organization. Limited relocation housing and/or transportation allowance may be available for eligible candidates.
Amgen requires that all individuals applying for an undergrad internship or a co-op assignment at Amgen must meet the following criteria :
- 18 years or older
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree program from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 minimum GPA or equivalent
- Completion of at least one year of study from an accredited college or university prior to the internship commencing
- Enrolled in a full-time bachelor’s program following the potential internship or co-op assignment with an accredited college or university
- Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
- Junior standing with graduation in Summer 2022
- Degree concentration(s) in Engineering, Life Science, Biotechnology, Finance or Supply Chain
- GPA 3.5 or higher
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- VBA for Excel and SQL knowledge
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, project management, problem-solving, analytical and quantitative skills
- Demonstrated personal initiative, self-motivation, flexibility and adaptability
- Proven leadership experience on campus (e.g., projects, clubs, organizations, sports)
Amgen Internship 2021 Announced