Amgen Life Science Associate Scientist Vacancy – Apply Online
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its biologics manufacturing expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives.
Job Title: Associate Scientist – Biological Relevance and Characterization
Location: US – Massachusetts – Cambridge
Job Id: R-127065
Responsible for developing, qualifying and transferring state-of-the-art and fit-for-purpose quantitative potency and characterization assays and supporting regulatory submissions. Responsibilities include Implementing state-of-the-art and fit-for-purpose analytical methods for release testing, stability testing, product characterization/optimization, reference standard characterization, and investigations. Preparing technical reports for investigations, product and impurity characterization, and regulatory submissions Generating and analyzing analytical data to support: product development investigations, and regulatory submissions. May contribute to critical analytical development teams (e.g., Product and process development teams, Product quality teams) by providing analytical updates, analytical documentation and data interpretation Keep current in the analytical development field including literature and technology development Supporting analytical projects involving method development, qualification, and transfer.
Master’s degree OR
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of experience
- Master’s degree in Life Sciences Expertise in cell culture, and cell biology techniques for the quantitative determination of the biological activity of proteins
- Expertise in cell-based bioassay development (method characterization, qualification, validation, technical transfer)
- Expertise with signal transduction, gene expression, receptor binding and fluorescent probe technologies
- Experience in molecular biology techniques to manipulate plasmid constructs for generation of transfected stable cell lines Innovation: supports new insights and initiatives, detail-oriented documentation skills
- Experience with automated liquid handling Client orientation
- Establishes effective relationships with all clients; ensures value is delivered
Communication and Interpersonal skills: communicates optimally, using appropriate tact and sensitivity; makes others feel valued and understood; works well in teams.
Amgen Life Science Associate