Amgen Structural Biology Job Vacancy 2022 – Cryo EM Scientist
Amgen is a leading global biotechnology company, with a mission to serve patients. As a science-based, patient-focused organization, we discover and develop innovative therapeutics to treat serious illnesses. Our medicines have made a dramatic difference in the lives of millions.
Job Title: CRYO EM SCIENTIST – STRUCTURAL BIOLOGY
Location: US, CA, South San Francisco
Elibgility Criteria: Doctorate degree with significant postdoc experience Or Master’s degree and 6 years of industry Structural Biology experience
- Ph.D. with focus in Structural Biology
- Postdoc research experience in large macromolecular complexes and/or membrane proteins.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art protein structural biology techniques including all aspects of construct design, expression, purification, characterization, crystallization, structure determination, and analysis.
- Experience in single-particle cryo-EM workflow including grid freezing and screening, data collection and processing, three-dimensional reconstruction and model building.
- Excellent presentation skills (written and oral) for effective team-based communication of results.
- Ability to work independently and effectively within timelines and to collaborate in a multidisciplinary environment.
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. In this vital role you will join the Structural Biology Department at our site in South San Francisco, CA. The Structural Biology laboratory provides comprehensive molecular insights and structure-based design for drug-target assessment, mechanism of action, protein-protein and protein-ligand interactions, as well as protein engineering to facilitate drug discovery across various therapeutic areas. The scientist will be part of a growing structure biology group and will be responsible for structure determination of target molecules using cryo-EM and X-ray crystallography.
Amgen Structural Biology Job