Battelle Microbiologist Job Vacancy 2021 – Apply Online
Battelle’s Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosives (CBRNE) Business Line is currently seeking candidates for a full-time, permanent position as a Microbiologist I. This position is located in Columbus, Ohio.
Job Title: Microbiologist I
Location: Columbus, OH US
- Support the design, execution, and reporting of laboratory experiments in microbiology and molecular biology within structured regulatory and quality frameworks (e.g. Select Agent regulations, ISO 9001).
- Perform experiments independently with guidance from senior scientists.
Support reporting efforts to include preparation of technical data for reports and presentations, peer-reviewed publications and client meetings.
- Perform/direct routine and non-routine laboratory procedures independently including:
Assay development and adaption of assays to new purposes,
- Inspection, testing, maintenance, and documentation of laboratory equipment,
Operation of lab equipment to include pipetting devices, balances, pH meters, centrifuges, plate readers, gel electrophoresis system, gel imagers, etc.
- Professional interaction with clients
- Following established safety guidelines to safely work with hazardous/infectious (RG2) materials
Some domestic travel is possible but not anticipated.
- Bachelor’s degree in microbiology or molecular biology or a related field and >2 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to understand, follow, and draft written procedures.
- Proven ability to conduct experiments according to standard operating procedures.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to work in a team environment and train less experienced staff.
Sole U.S. citizenship, with the ability to obtain and maintain required government security clearances as a condition of employment.
- Sufficiently medically fit to work in the laboratory to perform assigned duties including the ability to wear personal protection equipment (PPE), lift up to 50 pounds, and work
- in the proximity of hazardous/infectious materials.
- Current or previously held security clearance.
- Experience working in Biological Safety Level 3 laboratories.
- Experience handling Select Agent pathogens.
- Master’s degree in microbiology or molecular biology or related fields;
- Experience working within laboratory quality management systems (e.g., ISO 9001, ISO17025, GLP).
- Experience with Mammalian cell propagation, cell line expansion and maintenance.
Battelle Microbiologist Job