B&G Foods Biology/Food Science QA Job Opening 2023
This position will be responsible for supervising employees and activities involved in ensuring the safe production of a wide range of products in compliance with company, customer and government requirements that meet required quality specifications. Serves as backup to QA Manager.
Job Title: Quality Assurance Supervisor
Location: Yadkinville, NC
Eligbility Criteria Experience, Skills:
- Bachelor Degree in Food Science, Biology, Chemistry or Related Field Preferred
- Minimum of 3 to 5 Years of Related Leadership/Lab Experience
- HACCP and PCQI Certifications Required
- SQF Practitioner and Better Process Control Certificate Preferred
- Microsoft Office Efficiency Required
- Knowledge of all Quality Control Standards, Specifications and Procedures
- General Maintenance and Troubleshooting ability on Lab Equipment.
- Good Verbal Communication and Written Skills.
- Able to Navigate through a Manufacturing Environment
Job Description: This position is located in our Yadkinville, NC Facility.
We offer a shift differential premium. Our company also offers paid time off, medical/dental/vision benefits, 401k company match, & tuition reimbursement.
- Supervise activities including, but not limited to, scheduling, performance, hiring, discipline, coaching, training and development and termination recommendations.
- Facilitate transitions between shifts and seamless handoffs and communicate key information to peers, team members and Production Management.
- Maintain a safe work environment at all times by having safe work instructions, practices, and procedures in place for all positions and ensuring that employees are trained to understand and comply with those procedures. Apply corrective action consistently when required. Report all unsafe acts and unsafe working conditions immediately to Management.
- Continuously monitor plant operations to ensure compliance with all quality and food safety programs through regular adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), performance of sanitation audits, food safety checks (HACCP), and product quality checks conducted according to organization policies. Actively participate in prevention and correction of quality-related errors.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives by identifying opportunities and recommending changes within own area of responsibility.
- Prepare a variety of routine and special reports that document testing activities, test results, and operational issues involving product quality and safety such as swab tests, finished product tests, and Food Safety Plan audits.
- Assist with the administration of the product recall program and disposition of returned product.
- Utilize SPC and other statistical tools to improve areas within the QA function. Produce and distribute reports analyzing QA, Food Safety and Microbiological data and trends of raw materials and finished products. Provide recommendations to management where unacceptable QA or Food Safety results have been identified.
- Act as plant representative to FDA personnel as needed.
- Ensure food safety/quality polices are followed, to report all food safety/quality problems out of his/her realm of responsibility to personnel with the authority to initiate action.
- Responsible to make sure a good safe wholesome product is produced safely
- Perform other duties as assigned
B&G Foods Biology/Food