B&G Foods Food Science Quality Technologist Vacancy – Apply
With its headquarters based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell, and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico. check out all the details on the same below:
Job Title: Ingredient Quality Technologist
Location: Ankeny, IA
Minimum Experience: 3 to 5 years
Other Qualifications: Bachelors in Food Science, Chemistry or related field preferred.
- 3 years of experience in chemical and food analysis.
- HACCP certification
- FSMA Preventative Control Qualified Individual
- Microsoft Office, Willing to train JD Edwards, PKMS/Atomic, Smartsheet
Minimum Qualifications – Education, Skills & Abilities:
Minimum Formal Education: Bachelor Degree
Major: Food Science, Chemistry or related field.
Award/Licensing/Certification/Specialized Training Required:
SQF Practitioner or obtain within 6-9 months
FSMA FSVP qualified individual -obtain within 12-14 months
Skills and Abilities:
1) Excellent attention to detail and mental concentration
2) Ability to manage multiple tasks and/projects and learn new tasks.
3) Excellent oral and written communication.
4) Organization – Must be able to organize large amounts of data on a daily basis.
5) Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others
This position plays a critical role in Food Safety and compliance to FDA’s Food Safety Modernization Act for Preventative Controls and FSVP process for the Ankeny facility. A critical lead team player that collaborates on a daily basis with Procurement, Planning, Quality, Processing, and Packaging members of the Ankeny facility on the release of incoming products.
- Coordinates and oversees the incoming quality supply chain process which includes product sampling, verification of approved suppliers, compliance to product specification, and release of safe food products. Verification of documentation occurs to ensure HACCP critical control points are in compliance.
- Leads the effective communication on quality and food safety non-compliant incoming product. Initiates the communication and documentation of non-compliant incoming products while working with an integrated team from various departments to ensure the non-compliant product is addressed and managed appropriately.
- Manages the schedule for sampling incoming products to the East Coast and/or other areas. Coordinates product sampling and testing are done by third-party laboratories and contract service providers. Coordination of product sampling includes laboratory sampling for ASTA Cleanliness, microbiological analysis, and other analyses as needed.
- Collaborate with Procurement and third-party service providers to ensure product analysis is done in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with Receiving, Planning, and Quality Assurance to ensure incoming product samples are taken correctly, product worksheets are complete and the product is released in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the coordination and implementation of annual product/supplier verification testing schedule to be in compliance with FDA’s FSMA Preventative Controls,
- Foreign Supplier Verification Program and Economic Motivated Adulteration.
- Team leader in monthly meetings tracking key performance indicators within the quality group. Use meetings to foster learning and team environment.
- Monitor and record third-party testing results into JD Edwards.
Responsible for annual training of internal and external warehouse personnel in proper sampling techniques.
- Collaborate with Supplier Quality Specialist on tracking of supplier performance.
Perform laboratory and quality analyses as needed. Participate in proficiency testing to maintain accuracy and precision for testing methods.
- Responsible for maintaining the sample retention program for incoming spices and ingredients.
B&G Foods Food Science