B&G Foods Job Food Scientist Vacancy – Apply Online
B&G Foods invites undergraduate and postgraduate food science and food technology job opening 2021. Food science job opening 2021. Food Science job opening 2021. Food technology job opening at B&G Foods. Check out all the details on the same below:
The role of the Associate Food Scientist is to provide technical assistance to Marketing, Operations, Quality Assurance, and R&D. This is a hands-on food science position, in which the individual will help to manage several cross-functional teams to develop new products, improve existing products, and to help drive cost-saving alternatives. The individual will help in the technical liaison with the manufacturing facilities to ensure food safety and product quality.
Job Title: Associate Food Scientist
Location: Parsippany, NJ
Skills, Experience, Education:
- MS or BS Food Technology, Food Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related field.
- Zero to Two years of food R&D experience.
- Knowledge of FDA, USDA and GMP guidelines for food manufacturing facilities.
- Product development experience in a food company is desirable. Internship or Quality experience expected. Knowledgeable of sensory evaluation techniques.
- Understanding of ingredient functionality and interactions.
- PC proficiency in Microsoft -based applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Must be capable of working with minimal direct supervision, and have good interpersonal and self-initiative skills.
- Strong demonstrated verbal /written communication analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be detailed and results-oriented.
- Team Player.
- Desire to learn.
The Associate Food Scientist develops new products (product and process) that facilitate the growth of sales and profits of B&G Foods by meeting performance, timing, and financial hurdles with the direction of the Manager or more experienced Food Scientist.
- Work with QA and Manufacturing to identify and monitor process parameters to better control the manufacturing process. Reduce process variation and ensure the processes run under control and with the least amount of deviation.
- Develops new products as requested by Marketing or other cross-functional team members that meet consumer expectations, cost, product claims, and timing goals with manager guidance. Manages multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
Help in developing strategies to evaluate current products and research new technology to develop superior products
- Review and update existing standards, specifications, and requirements in order to comply with changes in regulatory and customer requirements. Assure quality products are produced in compliance with company specifications and GMP standards.
Support new product development. Work with plant personnel on all manufacturing scale-up/trial run projects. Provide hands-on guidance during the manufacturing of new products.
- Oversee product stability and shelf-life testing.
Attend appropriate scientific seminars and technical meetings to keep current with technological advances pertaining to QA, Process Development, and Manufacturing.
Enter documentation and formula into internal systems
- Develop and prepare laboratory bench prototypes
- Interface with vendors, suppliers, outside laboratories, and consultants
- Investigate cost-saving measures utilizing automated equipment and computerization.
- Help team identifies and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned or directed.