Bio-Rad Laboratories Biotechnology Research Associate Vacancy
Bio-Rad Laboratories is seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Chemistry R&D team as a Research Associate. This is a Temporary (short-term) appointment. The candidate will be involved in the research and development of antibody conjugate products and will generate data in support of product development, applications, and customer assistance. This position will require an interface with R&D scientists and engineers, marketing personnel, and external collaborators.
Job Title: Research Associate I
Job Id: 2021-24153
Location: Hercules, California, United States
- Recent college graduate with a BS degree in biology/chemistry/biotechnology/biomaterials/biochemistry/biomedical engineering or another related field in life sciences.
- Completed courses in general biology, general chemistry. Upper-level coursework in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, molecular/cell biology is preferred.
- Understanding of immunochemistry, column chromatography, organic chemistry, protein biochemistry.
- Hands-on experience in buffer preparation and protein purification, as well as biochemical analysis using SDS-PAGE, UV-Vis spectrometry, fluorometry, chromatography, and others.
- Past work experience/internship/senior research in a university research lab or biotech industry is desired.
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel.
- The successful candidate will perform experiments with supervision in the areas of bioconjugation chemistry and analytical chemistry.
- He or she will design and run experiments, analyze data, interpret results, draw conclusions, and communicate findings to colleagues and management.
- Duties will also include general lab support such as reagent preparation, equipment maintenance, and supply ordering.
- The successful candidate will be expected to generate record, organize, analyze and present data in an efficient and clear manner.
Bio-Rad Laboratories Biotechnology