Biology Researcher Recruitment @ University of Alabama at Birmingham
The University of Alabama at Birmingham is seeking a Researcher I candidate to cover all aspects of the collection and processing of human tissue for clinical trials, and may also assist with the collection of human tissue from the Operating Room and Surgical Pathology.
The ideal candidate will work as part of a team to collect and process tissues in accordance with clinical trial requirements, ATP project and with researchers’ requests. The position will also be cross trained to assist with and back up other positions/teams, e.g., collecting specimens from autopsy, foreskins and tonsils. This position will be on-call to assist with Lung transplant procurement and assist with archival material.
Primary Location: University
Job Category: Scientific Research
Organization: 392303010 Anatomic Pathology
Shift: Day/1st Shift
Under direct supervision:
- To perform various support functions in a research laboratory.
- To maintain equipment, computer database and lab supplies.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs various support functions in a research laboratory using appropriate procedures to generate and validate data of sufficient quality for project development,
- publications and grant submissions.
- Maintains and cleans equipment and the facility.
- Maintains and restocks supplies.
- Maintains computer database.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Salary Range: $15.00 – $15.33 Hourly
Associate’s degree in a related field OR High School diploma or GED and two (2) years of related experience Work experience may NOT substitute for education requirement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology or scientific discipline.
- Prior lab experience and experience working with human tissues preferred.
- Experience with clinical trials.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel.
Biology Researcher Recruitment