University of Alabama at Birmingham Hiring Biology Researcher
UAB is an internationally renowned research university and academic medical center known for its innovative and interdisciplinary approach to education.
The University of Alabama at Birmingham is a public research university in Birmingham, Alabama. Developed from an academic extension center established in 1936, the institution became a four-year campus in 1966 and a fully autonomous university in the University of Alabama System in 1969.
Job Title: Researcher
Primary Location: University
Job Category: Scientific Research
Organization: 379600000 Epidemiology
Employee Status: Regular
Shift: Day/1st Shift
- Master’s degree in a related field
- OR Bachelor’s degree in a related field and two (2) years of related experience
- OR Associate’s degree in a related field and four (4) years of related experience
- Work experience may NOT substitute for education requirement.
- Degree in Biology or related field
- Clinical background preferred and experience with research using medical record data, systematic reviews, and in HIV populations
- Experience with data analysis and data management
- Experience conducting literature reviews, and contributing and designing analysis plans
- To independently set up and perform experiments and procedures in support of lab goals.
- To collect, enter, summarize, and analyze data.
- To monitor results, detect and report unusual outcomes and suggest modifications.
- To develop and improve techniques for the lab.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Contributing to the planning and design of multiple research studies.
- Collecting, entering, summarizing, and analyzing data.
- Conducting literature reviews.
- Assisting in planning long and short-term goals, which may include some fiscal management.
Salary Range $35,570.00 – $48,000.00 annually
University of Alabama