BioMarin Molecular Biology/ Biochemistry Summer Internship Program
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
Job Title: INTERN, BIOANALYTICAL SCIENCE
Location: SAN RAFAEL, CALIFORNIA
The BioAnalytical Sciences group within Translational Sciences develops methods and generates data to answer key questions in the non-clinical and clinical development of new therapeutics. The ideal candidate will have a flexible mindset, natural curiosity, and motivation to understand biology through genetic, molecular, and biochemical analyses.
We have an opening for a summer intern to work on a investigating genetic diagnostic assays in support of patient selection for clinical studies in development.
This Summer Intern position will work closely with an Associate Director in our Assay Diagnostics and Lifecycle Management group, and will have the opportunity to research various genetic diagnostic approaches and methods as well as present their work to the broader department. This opportunity offers a real-world glimpse into the development and validation of diagnostics assays and the type of skills needed to land a job in assay development at a biotechnology company.
- Experience with common biochemistry and molecular biology techniques
- Strong interest in understanding human genetics and the assays used to study genetic differences
Experience or familiarity with DNA microarrays, single nucleotide polymorphism analysis, and PCR techniques
- Student in their 3rd or 4th year pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in genetics, molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology or equivalent, with an interest in a biotechnology career preferred
- Comfort working and communicating in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary, collaborative research environment
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to accurately complete detailed work
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the program.
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Housing and Transportation is the responsibility of the Intern
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- Weekly speaker seminar series with Executive Staff
BioMarin Molecular Biology/ Biochemistry