BMS PhD Scientist Post Vacancy – Candidates Apply Online
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us.
Job Title: Scientist – Medicinal Chemistry
Location: Princeton, New Jersey; Brisbane, California; Cambridge, Massachusetts; Redwood City, California; San Diego, California
Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of academic / industry experience Or Master’s degree and 3+ years of academic / industry experience Or PhD in Chemistry
- A Ph.D. in organic chemistry with 0-2 years of additional related research experience.
Candidates must have experience in designing and executing multistep synthesis of complex organic molecules using modern techniques in organic chemistry.
- Candidates will have expertise in the purification and characterization of organic compounds (Chromatography and NMR, MS, IR spectroscopy).
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a thorough understanding of synthetic methods and reaction mechanisms are required.
- Good oral/written communication skills and a desire to work in a collaborative team environment are required.
- The ideal candidate will attach a research summary, no more than 3 pages.
Day to Day Duties Include:
Individual will be responsible for the design and synthesis of new agents for the potential treatment of human diseases with emphasis in Cardiovascular, Fibrosis, Immunology, and Oncology disease areas.
The individual will apply modern techniques in organic chemistry and utilize current medicinal chemistry practices to solve problems of relevance to the assigned project and therapeutic area.
BMS PhD Scientist Post