Neurodegenerative Diseases and Brain Metastasis – Cancer Research Jobs
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati (UC) ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to over 50,000 students, 11,000 faculty and staff, and 332,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 public research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.” With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, nine straight years of record enrollment, global leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center, and entry into the Big 12 Conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.65 billion, and its endowment totals $1.8 billion. Check below the details of Cancer Research Jobs.
Job Posting: Research Fellow, Cancer Biology
Location: Cincinnati, OH, US
As one of the oldest medical schools in the country, the UC College of Medicine has a reputation for training best-in-class health care professionals and developing cutting-edge procedures and research that improves the health and clinical care of patients.
A Research Fellow position is available in the lab of Dr. Chenran Wang in the Department of Cancer Biology, College of Medicine. We are seeking a self-motivated individual to assist the research on selective autophagy of astrocyte in neurodegenerative diseases and in brain metastasis.
This is a temporary appointment for 1-2 years for the incumbent to gain understanding and advanced knowledge of research methods and application of the theoretical knowledge from academic training, evaluate strengths and identification of limitations, development and refinement of research skills.
- Perform and conduct duties and responsibilities required by professional mentor in accordance with all institutional and federal regulations.
- Engage in appropriate training and professional development opportunities.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description can be changed at any time.
Bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry, Neurobiology, and other Biological Sciences or in a related field.
Additional Qualifications Considered
- Experience and strong interest in laboratory research.
- Experience with animal studies, immunohistochemistry, or RNA-seq/ChIP-seq analyses.
- Experience and knowledge with neural cell culture, protein, DNA and RNA purification, animal surgery, and mouse colony management.
Note – Professional position paid at an hourly rate.
Apply online and send current CV to: Chenran Wang Ph.D.; 3316 Vontz Center; 3125 Eden Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45267.