Cargill Biotechnology R&D Intern – Summer or Fall 2021
Cargill Biotechnology R&D Intern – Summer or Fall 2021. Cargill in the United States of America (USA) is headquartered just outside of Minneapolis, Minnesota. Since the first grain storage facility began operations on the American frontier in 1865, Cargill businesses in the USA have grown to include risk management and financial solutions, animal nutrition, farm services, salt, energy, sweeteners and more.
Job Title: Biotechnology R&D Intern – Summer or Fall 2021
Job ID: UNI06054
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota
Biotechnology R&D Internship:
The Core Research & Development (Core R&D) group at Cargill will provide an internship opportunity for a student with a career interest in Bioinformatics, Molecular Biology, or Fermentation. This internship will provide the opportunity to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to a business environment. Projects will be determined based on individual qualifications.
You will be assigned to one or two core projects that will be substantive in nature. You will be the primary technical contributor for work on the project, with leadership support from the Core R&D team. Interns will have the opportunity to:
- Gain immediate hands on work experience in one of the world’s largest agribusiness companies
- Participate in orientation, networking, mentoring relationships and other opportunities targeted towards personal and professional development
- Receive periodic and candid feedback on job performance
Internships are typically 12 weeks in duration. Summer is preferred for candidate and Cargill because there are a large number of interns and intern activities. However, other periods are possible.
- Cargill offers both housing assistance and relocation reimbursement to interns who qualify (based on mileage).
- Internships are paid and are at least 12 weeks in duration.
- Day–to-day transportation to and from work is the responsibility of the intern.
We promote a culture that celebrates differences. This is a reflection of the clients we serve and generates intellectually diverse employees. Cargill’s Business Resource Groups (BRGs) help us embrace our diversity, make our culture more inclusive and leverage our employees’ unique talents and perspectives to benefit our organization and employees.
Our U.S. Business Resource Groups include:
- Asian Alliance Network
- Cargill Young Professionals Network
- Cargill Ability Network (iCAN)
- Cargill Ebony Council
- Group Responsible for Orienting and Welcoming (GROW)
- Hispanic-Latino Council
- Cargill Pride Network
- Veterans & Military Support Network
- Cargill Women’s Network
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD in biotechnology, life science, engineering or related field graduating between December 2021 and May 2023.
- All candidates must be geographically flexible and willing to relocate to the Minneapolis, MN area for this internship.
- Able to complete a 12-week internship in the summer (May/June – August 2021) or during the Fall Semester (August/September – December 2021)
- Practical experience in a research lab setting (e.g. experience with bioinformatics, genomics/proteomics/metabolomics, biochemical engineering, fermentation, microbiology and /or molecular biology techniques)
- Basic technical skills beyond course work in omics, fermentation, microbiology and/or molecular biology
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Well organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to prioritize and manage a large workload with multiple priorities
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- Overall GPA of at least 3.0 preferred.
- Demonstrated ability of collaboration, communication, motivation, interpersonal effectiveness, teamwork and successful completion of work.
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making.
- Strong leadership and technical skills.
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive. Learn more at www.cargill.com.