Cargill Food Safety and Quality Chocolate Refining Lead Vacancy
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job ID 236818
Location: Hazleton, Pennsylvania
Job Title: Food Safety and Quality Chocolate Refining Lead
- Bachelor’s degree in a Food Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Technical expertise and information/research skills.
- Strong scientific and mathematical knowledge.
- Experience with food manufacturing environments or related.
- General knowledge around process improvement methodologies such as Lean Six Sigma.
- Knowledge of laboratory equipment, procedures and GLP’s.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Food Safety and Quality Chocolate Refining Lead will help ensure analytical quality during all phases of production and ensure products meet or exceed customer requirements for food safety and quality. In this role, you will provide focused expertise in food safety, raw ingredient, process management, manufacturing processes, data and final project management and develop an in depth understanding of specific processes of food safety and quality.
This position is based in Hazleton, PA
- Plan and direct activities concerned with development, application and maintenance of quality standards for industrial processes, materials and products.
Conduct quality control processes or procedures that include product inspection and testing and analysis of products, report on quality to management and approve or deny product releases.
- Develop methods to evaluate the progress of sustainability initiatives, rework and waste reduction and streamline food safety and quality continuous improvement projects.
- Analyze product implementations, modifications and improvements to product in accordance with specific customer specifications and implementations.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
Other duties as assigned
Cargill Food Safety