Cargill Food Science Sensory Scientist Job 2022 – Apply Online
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible, and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition, and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Title: Sensory Scientist
Job ID 194128
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Travel 10%
- Master’s degree or another post-secondary degree in Food Science with an emphasis in Sensory Science
- Interpretation of qualitative and quantitative sensory data and statistical analysis
- Confirmed project management knowledge
- Panel management experience
Job Purpose and Impact
The Sensory Scientist will apply in-depth sensory knowledge to perform sensory project management and customer collaboration. In this role, you will design and execute sensory chocolate projects and support chocolate innovation projects and develop and maintain a high level of sensory support and taste panel capabilities.
- Support the development of new and alternative methods in sensory research.
- Analyze test panel results in terms of food texture profile, taste profile, smell profile, and visual profile.
- Design, conduct and deliver reports on sensory research.
Perform work in a laboratory complex or pilot plant utilizing equipment and scientific instrumentation.
- Contributes to the preparation of technical proposals, amendments, reports, and terminations.
- Provide technical advice to others within their specialty.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
Other duties as assigned
Cargill Food Science Sensory