Cargill Food Safety & Quality Technician Vacancy – Apply Online
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Title: Food Safety and Quality Technician
Job ID 218674
Location: Blair, Nebraska
- High school diploma, secondary education level or equivalent
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Possesses proven working knowledge of laboratory instrumentation
- Able and willing to work 12 hours rotating shifts, including weekends, and holidays
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
Job Purpose and Impact
The Food Safety and Quality Technician will complete complex analytical and laboratory testing in support of the food safety quality and operational teams. In this role, you will perform complex analysis of product testing, be responsible for checking and monitoring instrumentation performance, conduct tests and document results into databases and communicate test results.
- Perform routine analysis on final and in process products and ensure that finished products meet required specifications prior to releasing shipments.
- Enter data into databases and communicate results verbally or in writing, resolve problems by examining and evaluating data and select corrective steps.
- Assists with the evaluation and interpretation of highly complex data, identifies problems with atypical test results consulting with upper level personnel
- Support trials and experiments under the direction of more senior team members.
- Perform food safety and quality leadership, coaching and mentoring to facility employees.
- Handle complex clerical, administrative, technical or customer support issues under minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
Cargill Food Safety & Quality