Cargill Life Science Job Opening – Protein Purification Scientist
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Title: Protein Purification Scientist II
Location: Wayzata, Minnesota
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Proven working knowledge of protein chemistry and purification methods
• Minimum of two years of related work experience
• Master’s degree or another post-secondary degree in biology, microbiology, life sciences, food science, chemistry or biochemistry
• Experience with common protein purification and analytical characterization methods such as AKTA, HPLC, and electrophoresis
The Protein Purification Scientist II will be responsible for the isolation, purification, and characterization of proteins from recombinant and natural sources. In this role, you will also work cross-functionally to develop and scale up isolation and purification processes to improve the efficacy of process development. You will evaluate in a reciprocal fashion, the best overall strategy for optimal isolation and purification experimental design.
• Apply separation techniques to develop and optimize the recovery and purification of natural and recombinant proteins from various biological media.
• Establish and communicate protein purification timelines for multiple targets and coordinate protein deliveries with members of the broader research group.
• Provide technical expertise and support for scaleup efforts ensuring reliable and efficient process development.
• Evaluate other technologies and maintain contact with the scientific community and academic institutions to stay current on relevant scientific developments.
• Leverage deep knowledge and hands-on experience with versatile protein purification technologies using established chromatography platforms and other analytical methods.
• Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
• Other duties as assigned
“The business will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.”
Cargill Life Science Job