Conagra Brands Plant Quality Manager Job – Biology & Food Science
Conagra Brands is one of North America’s leading branded food companies. We have a rich heritage of making great food, and a team that’s passionate about innovation and growth. biology job opening 2022, food science job opening 2022, biology job 2022. Check out all the details on the same below:
Job Title: Manager Plant Quality
Location: Centralia, Illinois
- B. S. degree in Biology, Food Science, or other related program
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to train and teach others
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Ability to effectively present information to top management or public groups
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis; formalizing process capability, institutionalizing process control and predictive quality process
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Skills in monitoring and measurement of process control, auditing, manufacturing of food products, sanitation process, knowledge of HACCP, SSOP regulations, skills in team leadership, effective communication, and root cause analysis
- Ensures food safety and quality of all products produced in the plant. Responsible for ensuring specifications are defined and communicated. Performs inspections of processes, employee training, compliance with applicable food laws and regulations and maintains plant HACCP plans to regulatory compliance. Defines best lab practices and provides guidance and adherence to quality policies.
- Actively participates in resolving customer complaints. Integral part of the plant leadership team. Provides support to Sales, R&D, and Operations on customer issues, questions, and concerns.
- Complies with all company safety policies and procedures as well as complying with all OSHA rules and regulations. (THINK SAFETY FIRST.)
- Ensures all plant personnel adhere to good manufacturing practices (GMP) including proper waste disposal, personal hygiene, and personal practices.
- Responsible for developing and presenting to all employees a complete orientation process that provides training in the Key Concepts of Food Safety and Quality and understands that identification of any failures in these areas is their responsibility.
- Maintain compliance to annual training requirements.
- Works closely with Operations and Maintenance to drive Food Safety and Quality ownership to the floor
- Trains and develops subordinates in the performance of their duties
- Manages Plant timelines and critical milestones for the Food safety and Quality
- Improvement Plan and other food safety/quality metrics (ie. Complaint reduction, quality incident reduction, and quality index scores)
- Interprets, analyzes, and communicates quality and food safety issues, both internal and external (consumer complaints), and initiates applicable corrective measures
Ensures compliance to all applicable regulatory agency requirements ( USDA, FDA, CFIA, etc.)
- Liaison with local USDA and or FDA inspectors and any other food regulatory officers that visit the plant
- Provides leadership for compliance to food safety and quality programs Implements and maintains quality programs. i.e., HACCP to regulatory and company requirements; maintain SQF certification; specifications for raw and finished materials; recall program; environmental monitoring program; and comprehensive pest control program.
- Develops corrective action when Food Safety or Quality deficiency is identified.
- Acts as liaison for all technical and QC issues between operations, RQI, and sales/marketing departments
- Provides Corporate with quality assurance assistance involving vendor issues, both improvements, and corrective measures
- Oversees product quality with regards new product implementation and introduction into market. Ensure use of applicable MOPD and CQV tools.
- FS&Q pillar owner for Conagra Performance System. Utilize continuous improvement tools (UPS, quality index, etc.) to identify opportunity and development improvement plans.
Conagra Brands Plant Quality