Conagra Brands Food Safety Quality Manager Post – Apply Online
Conagra Brands is one of North America’s leading branded food companies. We have a rich heritage of making great food, and a team that’s passionate about innovation and growth. Biology, Microbiology, Food Science job vacancy 2021. Check out all the details on the same below:
Job Title: Quality Manager – Food Safety
Location: Darien, Wisconsin
Reporting to the Plant Manager, you will ensure food safety and quality of all products produced in the plant. You will ensure specifications are defined and communicated, perform inspections of processes, employee training, compliance with applicable food laws and regulations and maintain plant HACCP plans to regulatory compliance. You will establish best lab practices and provide guidance and adherence to quality policies. You will participate in resolving customer complaints and provide support to Sales, R&D and Operations on customer issues and concerns. The main focus of this position will be food safety, but will also be expected to engage in plant quality and operations.
- B. S. degree in Biology, Microbiology, Food Science, or other related programs
5+ years experience
- Experience reading and analyzing common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
- Experience addressing common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Experience with microbiology and interpreting results.
- Apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis; formalize process capability, institutionalizing process control, and predictive quality process
- Experience collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions
- Skills in monitoring and measurement of process control, auditing, manufacturing of food products, sanitation process, knowledge of HACCP, SSOP regulations, skills in team leadership, and root cause analysis
- Comply with all company safety procedures and comply with all OSHA rules and regulations.
- Ensure all plant personnel follow good manufacturing practices (GMP) including proper waste disposal, personal hygiene and personal practices
- Present to all employees a complete orientation process that provides training in the Key Concepts of Food Safety and Quality and understands that identification of any failures in these areas is their responsibility. Maintain compliance to annual training requirements
- Work with Operations and Maintenance to improve Food Safety and Quality ownership to the floor
- Train team members in the performance of their responsibilities
- Manage Plant timelines and milestones for the Food Safety and Quality Improvement Plan and other food safety/quality metrics (ie. Complaint reduction, quality incident reduction, and quality index scores)
- Interpret and communicate food safety issues, Micro results, swab results, etc… and initiate applicable corrective measures
- Ensure compliance to all applicable regulatory agency requirements (USDA, FDA, CFIA)
- Liaison with local USDA and FDA inspectors and any other food regulatory officers that visit the plant
- Provide leadership for compliance to food safety and quality programs Implement and maintain quality programs. i.e., HACCP to regulatory and company requirements; maintain SQF certification; specifications for raw and finished materials; recall program; environmental monitoring program; and comprehensive pest control program
- Develop corrective action when Food Safety or Quality deficiency is identified
- Be the liaison for all technical and food safety issues between operations, RQI, and food safety teams.
- Provide corporate with quality assurance assistance involving vendor issues, both improvements, and corrective measures
- Oversee product food safety with regards to new product implementation and introduction into the market. Ensure use of applicable MOPD and CQV tools
- Use continuous improvement tools (UPS, quality index) to identify opportunity and development improvement plans with a focus on finished product testing and EMPC and sanitation effectiveness swab results.
- Maintain, develop and modify all food safety and HACCP plans as required.
- Work closely with the Quality Manager to ensure all food safety and quality requirements are met.
- Participate in and/or lead all audits- SQF, Customer, Regulatory, etc….
Own plant QMAN process for development and implementation of plant procedures and processes.
- Participate in auditing of GMPs, plant processes, QMAN procedures, etc….
Work with the plant team on ensuring corrective actions for food safety issues have been implemented and are being sustained.
- Participate in plant CPS process supporting Quality Pillar and other plant pillars.
- Manage plant swabbing program and corrective actions within Sample Manager.
- Manage Quality Incidents that are food safety-related including investigation, root cause analysis, and corrective action follow-through.
Conagra Brands Food Safety